[Libreoffice-qa] Test master or latest branch?

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Jan 7 06:03:06 PST 2013

Pedro schrieb:

Hi Pedro,

I believe currently it is not a big difference whether you test Branch
4.0 or Master 4.1. The very most bugs you find in 4.1 will also be in
4.0, and any fix will be done in Master first.

Nevertheless, I recommend to focus un 4.0 branch, especially intensive
working with the pre releases. Although it's not a big difference, the
environment with the pre releases is some more realistic and more nearby
to the versions normal users will use.

Exception: Someone who is active en a muddled bug issue similar to that
what we had with the new Calc Conditional Formatting design. In this
case Master testing might be more effective because you will get the
builds with fixes more early (less reviewing time).

Best regards

Rainer