[Libreoffice-qa] Test master or latest branch?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:04:39 PST 2013

Hi Petr, all

Petr Mladek wrote
> There is still chance that we will get the updated info working on 4-0
> branch as well. It is not trivial and I have not found time to look at
> it yet.

That would be nice but it is not critical. I'm glad it works on 4.1 :)

BTW Installing a daily build from the 4.0 branch on top of Beta2 finishes
correctly but then LOdev won't start (on Win XP x86 SP3)
I'm not sure if this is important for final users but sure is annoying for
testing :)
Can anyone confirm this problem?

Petr Mladek wrote
> In the ideal world, we should have people testing both branches. Master
> testing will help to keep it usable and better shape for 4.1 release.
> 4-0 branch testing will help catching bugs and potential regressions
> that would hit the huge amount of users.
>
> I would more concentrate on the 4-0 branch these days. It would be great
> to have as much feedback as possible before the 4.0.0 release.

Yes, in an ideal world... :)
Ok. So, stick to 4.0

Cheers,
Pedro