[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Status NEW but Assigned to Someone - Please Change

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:57:16 PST 2013

This will most definitely be discussed during our next QA call (next
Friday, 1400 UTC). If you're able to join it would be great. The process
clearly needs to be clarified and possibly updated.

If not, I'll follow the conversation and try to summarize them during the
call.

Personally my opinion: Since we no longer really assign developers
automatically and then ask them if they accept, I don't see a reason to
keep this 500+ log of assigned but not being worked on bugs. Talking to a
couple developers it's clear that they won't be working on those bugs any
time soon (possibly ever). I think it screws up our stats, discourages
contributors from taking on bugs that they could possibly easily fix, and
just causes confusion about the status of a bug.

This being said my solution would be to slowly go through the list of
ASSIGNED bugs and actually find out which ones are likely to be worked on
in the next 6 months by the assigned developer, if this isn't the case,
change the bug back to NEW. With your help I don't think that this would
take long and can go on the list of other FDO clean-up projects we have
going on.

For the triaging marathon, we're working on the details about a contest,
it's in the works and expected date will be right around a pre-release of
4.1. The possibility of reward(s) is being discussed and we hope to get
more users involved with the triaging process. Before this time we need
some of these procedural questions resolved.

Best Regards,
Joel
--
*Joel Madero*