[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 RC1 available

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Mon Jan 21 02:18:04 PST 2013

Hi all,

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 01:00:53AM +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the first release
> candidate of our upcoming LibreOffice 4.0. The 4.0 will be our fifth
> major release in just over two years, and comes with a nice set of new
> features. Please be aware that LibreOffice 4.0 RC1 is not ready for
> production use, you should continue to use LibreOffice 3.6.4 for that.

> A good way to assess the release candidate quality is to run some
> specific manual tests on it, our TCM wiki page has more details:
>
>  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test

Regarding to the regression test, as you may noticed last week, I have
updated all test cases in Moztrap. And a real working test run has
been created:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/runtests/

Why not we fire on the test immediately, and the usage can't be more simple:

    1. Login manual test URL as above
    2. Select right run: "Libreoffice" -> "4.0" -> "4.0 RC Regression Test"
    3. Select your envionment: "Archs", "Locale", "Platforms"

Finally, click the cute green button on the bottom right and start to
fire! Actually you may use the latest 4.0.0 RC build (i.e from RC1
to RC2, RC3 etc.), for testing and file bugs.

Thanks for joining and we are looking forward to your contribution!

PS Further details of usage of Moztrap can be found:

    https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Moztrap/Moztrap_User_Guide

Best wishes,
Yifan

--