[Libreoffice-qa] installing 400rc2 parallel on Windows - no way to choose extensions ?

Andras Timar timar at fsf.hu
Sun Jan 27 23:51:55 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM, V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu> wrote:
> Andras,
>
> So as per the  Installing_in_parallel Wiki
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel#Version_3.5.x_and_newer:>
> to install a parallel instance, should we be setting a WRITEREGSITRY=0 when
> doing the command line /A administrative installation?

Administrative installation just extracts the embedded CAB file onto
the disk in the right folder structure. It does not write anything to
registry. WRITEREGISTRY property has no effect.

> And other than adjusting the "*UserInstallation=*" location of the
> program\bootstrap.ini file so as to not clobber the existing user
> profile--the administrative install becomes the working "parallel"
> installation?   Does the system default language become the language of the
> administrative install?  Or does it always remain 1033, en-US?

AFAIK default language selection happens at first start.

> Couldn't LibreOffice program features and alternate languages be configured
> and applied against the administrative install using a .MST transform file?
> And how complicated would that have to be to end up with a usable alternate
> installation--not needing to run the recast .MSI located in the
> administrative install's folder.

If I understand correctly, you would like to test custom
installations, where not all features are present, parallel. I don't
know, how to do that right. One option is to manually delete files
that belong to a given feature. I don't know how to manipulate
administrative images with MST files.

Best regards,
Andras