[Libreoffice-qa] requesting input for preparing FOSDEM QA-presentation

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:43:30 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------

> From: Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl>
> To: libreOffice-QA <libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:49:07 +0100
> Subject: [Libreoffice-qa] requesting input for preparing FOSDEM
> QA-presentation
> Hi guys 'n girls,
>
> Next Sunday at FOSDEM I'll be giving the "beginners talk to successful
> participating in LibreOffice QA" - or something similar.
>
> As will be noticed, I'm mostly absent here (due to other obligations), so
> it may well be that I've missed important developments, that I should know
> when having the talk.
> Of course I'll try to look over meeting-reports, will look at the wiki if
> there's any new, know there's an improved BSA and have seen something about
> a policy around NEEDINFO-bugs...
>
> But then still... is there something that you think I should not miss,
> please let me know!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Cor

Hey Cor,

Thanks for tackling this one :-D I would think that talking about the
importance of QA would be a good start for the presentation, that really
most bugs won't even be looked at by a Developer until QA can triage the
bug.

So my 2 cents:

1) Importance of QA work, from confirming bugs to determining importance of
a bug

2) Growth of QA team in LibreOffice (but still need more!)

3) Maybe some stats - I can help if you want to show any stats

4) QA and Development link - a lot of times a member can start as QA and
then they get a real sense of the code, from here it's much easier to
transition to development if that's the goal of the contributor

5) Contact info (feel free to include my email as a contact point if
someone is interested in starting)

6) Bibisect is always cool to show off

7) Moztrap - although I still haven't really explored this at all

8) "Skills needed" - almost any skill level is welcome, if you can turn on
a computer and install LibreOffice, likely chance that you can help

Those are my initial thoughts :)

Best Regards,
Joel

--