[Libreoffice-qa] all versions BSA collapse

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:42:18 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
> hi there,
> I still see all the old release numbers in the version field of bugzilla...
>
> I thought to see only "3.3 all versions" while I still see 3.3.0, 3.3.1,
> 3.3.2 and so long...

Hi Tommy,

We've collapsed the version numbers in the BSA, but not in Bugzilla
yet. Joel suggested that we start with the BSA as a test, and then
slowly reduce the number available in Bugzilla on FDO.

One option available to us in Bugzilla is to hide certain versions on
the New Bug page, but to still make them available when editing a bug.
This would allow us to simplify the number of versions available for a
new report, but then allow us to continue using the version field as a
special marker for "First version in which the bug appears".

--R