[Libreoffice-qa] all versions BSA collapse

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:35:27 PDT 2013

> Hi Tommy,
>
> We've collapsed the version numbers in the BSA, but not in Bugzilla
> yet. Joel suggested that we start with the BSA as a test, and then
> slowly reduce the number available in Bugzilla on FDO.
>
> One option available to us in Bugzilla is to hide certain versions on
> the New Bug page, but to still make them available when editing a bug.
> This would allow us to simplify the number of versions available for a
> new report, but then allow us to continue using the version field as a
> special marker for "First version in which the bug appears".
I actually don't think that is an option for us - if I hide the version
is hides it everywhere, making it impossible to set a bug to that
particular version. So, my plan is to start with old RC's, Betas and
Alphas as I doubt we'll be setting a bug back to any of these versions.
Now that BSA is essentially done (thanks Robinson!), I'll hopefully
start collapsing those FDO versions in the next week or so.

Best,
Joel