[Libreoffice-qa] daily bibisect

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Sun Jul 28 08:16:35 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 06:12 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi Terrence,
>
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 06:54:11PM -0400, Terrence Enger wrote:
> > Thank you Bjoern.  Everything you have suggested has worked as far as
> > I can go with it now; actual execution will need a 64-bit system, of
> > course.
> >
> > Just a couple of things more, if I may, please.
> >
> > (1) Should instructions for using the daily bibisect be added to "how
> >     to bibisect" <wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/HowToBibisect>?
> >
> >     If I attempt this, would you be willing to review the work to keep
> >     me on the straight-and-narrow?
>
> Absolutely, that would be awesome!
>

> > (2) I suspect that `git checkout latest` as on that page is
> >     responsible for a lot of my difficulty.  At least after I checked
> >     out master, I magically started getting most of the results you
> >     said I should get.  Does this sound plausible?
>
> Yes indeed, as the daily bibisect repo is updated daily it is missing the
> 'oldest' and 'latest' tags, which I usually manually created befoe uploading. We might changed that though.
>
> @Jean-Baptiste: Can we maybe do a:
>
>  git tag -f oldest 3e7462bd65e692bf0592d5b080b7716341b62a47 && git tag -f latest master
>
> before pushing to the binrepo?

I have added some instructions to deal with tags latest and oldest in
the daily bibisect repo
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=QA%2FHowToBibisect&diff=73085&oldid=73084>.
Will you be good enough to look over the changes?

Of course, if the repo came with these tags laready in place, that
whole section of the page could go away.

Thanks,
Terry.