[Libreoffice-qa] Base: Properties in Fields of a Form chaotically "sorted"

Robert Großkopf robert at familiegrosskopf.de
Sun Jul 28 13:42:18 PDT 2013

Hi Mas,

> I viewed your attachment again .  The screen shot was presented in
> English and if you notice under the general tab. The list goes from
> A-Z -- alignment being the first and background color being next.
> This is called alphabetical order from A-Z
>
>  I checked under releases 4.1.03 and 4.1.04 Window and Linux. They are
> setup the same way.
>

> see attached from my version , We can possibly file this under a feature
> request instead of a bug

Your attachment doesn't show the whole field-properties of a form in
base I presented. I'm not interested into a long discussion and writing
down all the properties here. But I have written the part you have attached:

1	Alignment
2	Background color
3	Border
4	Border color
5	Default text
6	Password character
7	Visible
8	Enabled
9	Font
10	Height
11	Help Text
12	Hide selection
13	Label Field
14	Text lines end with
15	Max. text length

That is the order of your screenshot. I put it into Calc and let it
order in alphabethical form:

1	Alignment
2	Background color
3	Border
4	Border color
5	Default text
8	Enabled
9	Font
10	Height
11	Help Text
12	Hide selection
13	Label Field
15	Max. text length
6	Password character
14	Text lines end with
7	Visible

That is the alphabethical order of Calc. The first five fields are
ordered alphabethical. So please don't close a bug with the argument the
order is alphabetical, if it isn't. Say it is chaotically and I love
chaotically LO - and if many people of this list will aggree it might be
OK (for alle the people, who loves chaos, not for people, who will work
with software). Then I wouldn't open the bug again and will leave this
projekt.
Alphabetical order isn't an argument. The changing of the order by
groups (Anchor together with Height and Width and Positionx and
PositionY for example) to no order is a regression in usability. I think
nobody has changed this behavior from LO 4.0 to LO 4.1 with this
intention. There has been changed something at another point and nobody
noticed, that this would change the usability of the editing of form-fields.

Robert