[Libreoffice-qa] 4.1.0beta2: no possibility to save a modified doc

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 06:24:33 PDT 2013

Hi Sophie

sophi wrote
> The bug he met:
> If you enable Tools > Options > Load/Save > General > Always create a
> backup copy, it's impossible to save a modified document.
>
> Can one of you confirm this?

Yes, bug confirmed with Beta2 under Win XP x86.

The interesting bit is that option did nothing in 4.0.3.3, i.e. if you
enabled "Always create a backup copy" it would save the document with
changes but would not create ANY backup copy :)

Just tested briefly with 3.6.5.2 Portable and it did the same as Beta2 (i.e.
Failed with "Could not create backup copy")

Before anyone asks, Yes, I have write permissions on the target folder.

Cheers,
Pedro