[Libreoffice-qa] Bibisect Whiteboard Status

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Jun 10 09:06:00 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 10:44 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> I finally got around to updating the wiki:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Fields/Whiteboard#Bibisect
>
> Let's not use all the other options now and stick with:
>
> bibisected
> PreBibisect
> bibisectrequest

So, considering the possibility of updating wiki page HowToBibisect in
line with the reduction in the number of whiteboard values, I wonder:

(*) The explanation of whiteboard status PreBibisect says

        Only use this f you are using the daily bibisect package or
        the bibisect40 package, as the tagged version does not go back
        as far.

    I suggest

        Only use this if you are using the 4.0 bibisect package or the
        3.5 bibisect package, as the tagged versions in the other
        bibisect packages do not go back as far.

    If the suggestion is not right, then my understanding of the
    bibisect packages is in urgent need of correction.  Help!

(*) Should existing whiteboard words "bibisect40bugs",
    "bibisect36bugs", and "bibisect35bugs" be changed to
    "bibisectrequest"?  Is it worth the flurry of emails and updated
    date-last-changed fields?  Only for open bugs, perhaps?

    The use of fewer whiteboard values hereafter will make the old
    values useless for queries anyway, right?

Thanks,
Terry.