[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] gerrit daily digest active, please add yourself to watched projects, gerrit firehose ends 2013-06-17 0000UTC

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jun 13 07:39:01 PDT 2013

Hi,

so the gerrit firehose will end on Monday 2013-06-17 0000UTC -- plus/minus a
bit for me fumbling around with it.

Best,

Bjoern

----- Forwarded message from Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> -----

Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 13:49:55 +0200
From: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com>
To: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com>
Cc: Libreoffice-qa <libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org>, libreoffice-dev <libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: [ANN] gerrit daily digest active, please add yourself to watched projects, gerrit firehose likely ends next week (was: minutes of ESC call ...)

Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 04:04:14PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	+ Proposed compromise: (decide on it next time)
> 		+ build a daily digest of submitted patches -> dev list
> 			+ with commit messages, authors, links etc.
> 		+ turn other notifications off
> 		+ better document the gerrit mail / notification settings
> 		+ encourage people who want to see everything to do that.
> 	+ Go with the compromise
> AI:		+ get the digest bits setup (Bjoern)
> 		+ already have a script by David for that, put that
> 		  into the dev-tools/ repository bikeshedding there.

the digest mailer is now active, here is the first output of it:

 http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice-Gerrit-News-2013-06-07-td4060093.html

It is now running on a cronjob at 0600UTC (european morning) daily on the
gerrit machine.

I also updated the gerrit mail notification docs at:

 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetUnrestrictedCommitAccess#keeping_up_to_speed_with_patches_to_review

so if there are no issues over the next week, we should then turn off the
firehose to the mailing list on Monday 2013-06-17(*) 0000UTC -- so please prepare
to add your watched projects as needed then to keep your personal firehose
flushing ;)

Best,

Bjoern