[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Report Incorrectly Marked as NEW

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Sat Jun 15 07:29:13 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 15:41 +0200, Florian Reisinger wrote:

> It should be unconfirmed as long as someone from the QA team (so
> everyone triaging) can reproduce it on his machine, preferably on a
> different OS....

Well, I usually do not file a bug until I am pretty sure that I am
seeing what I see.  But there are still lots of possible questions for
QA ...

(*) Is it a bug or just a feature I do not understand?

(*) Is the problem restricted to my platform?  To my build parameters
    perhaps?  To something entirely ideosyncratic?

(*) This is really bad.  Please tell me it is not widespread.

Mere UNCONFIRMED is pretty vague.  Could we use some conventions for
Whiteboard to ask for confirmation of particular aspects?  Or perhaps
just a Whiteboard value requesting early attention from QA?  (In the
past, I have asked the QA list for help in the "really bad" case.  A
high priority seemed wrong because I strongly suspected that the
problem was *not* widespread.)

Terry.