[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Fixed in 4.2 branch, broken in 4.1 daily, status thoughts?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jun 19 03:09:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 02:57:52PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> This is a general problem that I think we shoudl just talk a bit about. If
> we confirm a bug on 4.1 but it's fixed in 4.2 master - what status is
> appropriate? Usually WFM is good but it's hard to tell a user "so it'll be
> broken for the foreseeable future but by 4.2 release you'll be good to go"

So, if we use bugzilla as intended, a bug that is fixed, but not in a released
version yet should be "RESOLVED/FIXED". Once that the release containing the
fix is out it should go to "CLOSED/FIXED". Note the same happens on launchpad,
albeit with better named bugstates: "Fix Committed" (aka RESOLVED) and "Fix
Released" (aka CLOSED).

As we have the "target:4.0.4" whitespace status, doing the "RESOLVED->CLOSED"
mass transition with a "The fix has been release with LibreOffice 4.0.4,
closing." comment on release shouldnt be too much of a manpower issue.

The question is: Do we want this spam? One can argue this is really positive
spam, as it says "Your bug is fixed and a official version with the fix is
available." ...

Best,

Bjoern