[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Fixed in 4.2 branch, broken in 4.1 daily, status thoughts?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 07:43:34 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> So, if we use bugzilla as intended, a bug that is fixed, but not in a released
> version yet should be "RESOLVED/FIXED". Once that the release containing the
> fix is out it should go to "CLOSED/FIXED". Note the same happens on launchpad,
> albeit with better named bugstates: "Fix Committed" (aka RESOLVED) and "Fix
> Released" (aka CLOSED).

Sounds like a great improvement to the strings in Bugzilla. Can we buy
Tollef a fruit basket or a nice dinner or something? It would be very
helpful if we could start to chew through our long list of tweaks...

> As we have the "target:4.0.4" whitespace status, doing the "RESOLVED->CLOSED"
> mass transition with a "The fix has been release with LibreOffice 4.0.4,
> closing." comment on release shouldnt be too much of a manpower issue.
>
> The question is: Do we want this spam? One can argue this is really positive
> spam, as it says "Your bug is fixed and a official version with the fix is
> available." ...

+1

If someone files a bug, I think it's reasonable for us to send them at
least two emails regarding the fix:

1) When a fix has been committed (so that they can test it, if they like)
2) When a fix has made it into a shipping release

Why are we so hesitant about sending out emails on bug-status-change?
Is it because the entire cc list gets pinged, not just OP?

--R