[Libreoffice-qa] Bug submission Assistant

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:41:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't found a really clean way to grab just the "active" list of
> LibreOffice version numbers, but I refactored some of the
> version-grabbing code in query.pl and made it possible to get version
> numbers from either the query.cgi or the enter_bug.cgi page. That
> seems to work well (and covers some, but not all of the versions
> listed in the blacklist right now). Jean -- I'm not sure if that quite
> addresses what you're asking after regarding fdo#55460.
>
> In my github repo:
> 53d7f4b74e8f58602b12771cf47c021c15a9f7b1
> "Version Numbers: Avoid "inactive" #s by slurping from enter_bug.cgi"

Couple of notes now that I'm more awake

1) We'd need to deal with logging-in to Bugzilla to access the
enter_bug.cgi page, which would complicate things
2) We'd need to update the url we pass to curl, etc..

Rob -- You mentioned something about wanting to switch to some direct
API into Bugzilla (instead of parsing x/html pages). Any further
thoughts on how difficult that would be?

cheers,
--R