[Libreoffice-qa] BSA Versions - Update

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 11:57:44 PDT 2013

Hi All,

So Robinson has done a great job dealing with the ridiculous list of
versions we had on BSA - we had 90+ versions and are now down to 30 and
will soon be down to 27.

What we did was collapsed 3.3 and 3.4 into "all versions" (3.3 all
versions, 3.4 all versions). These are both way past EOL and we don't
expect a lot of people to be using BSA to report bugs against these.

Then we removed 3.5 pre releases, *we would also like to collapse 3.5 to
3.5 all versions **as it has also reached EOL.* I needed to emphasize that
to make sure people read it. What we know is that Ubuntu 12.04 is still
technically on 3.5 (which sucks for this particular clean up) but we'd like
to not have so many versions to confuse users. BSA is meant to be simple,
90+ versions was surely confusing, 20+ is better but still a lot.

Lastly, we removed 4.0.0 - 4.0.4 pre releases & 4.1 alpha/beta releases.

I have added Bjoern to this as he's the one who might be impacted most
because of the Ubuntu issue.

If there are serious objections to collapsing 3.5 as well please let me
know as soon as possible as we hope to move forward soon.

Best,
Joel

P.S. This does add a little work for QA because if 3.5 all versions is
selected, we'd have to set it on FDO to the correct version. I think the
added work will be minimal and the benefit to user experience will be
substantial

--
*Joel Madero*
LibreOffice QA Volunteer