[Libreoffice-qa] GUI automation

Vladimir Benes vbenes at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 08:17:15 PDT 2013

Hi all,
we were discussing recently how to improve testing of LO's GUI. We found
out that situation if more than bad.
There are several options how to approach this. The first is LDTP [1]
and the other one (in my opinion far better) is Dogtail [2]. If LO uses
standard gtk widgets so they're a11y friendly we can easily access them.
This works for accessing menu items, dialogs and so on.
For comparing visual things like pictures, font alignment, etc there is
Sikuli [3] framework actively developed at MIT that can be used for this.

Is there anything where we can start or at least help with? What I would
expect is at least some priority one functionality that should be
covered first or so.

any ideas?
Vladimir

[1] http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki