[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.2 RC1 available

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Mar 22 07:57:39 PDT 2013

Pedro píše v Pá 22. 03. 2013 v 07:05 -0700:
> Petr Mladek wrote
> > I think that Pedro wanted to say that installation test should be P1.
>
> Indeed. But also meant that Installation should be the first item on the
> table.
>
> Currently if the user is completing the tests following the order they
> appear on the table, by the time s/he reaches number 16 it's a bit obvious
> that it was successful...

I agree. On the other hand, I am not sure if we need such test at all.
It might make sense if we want to check some special aspects of
installation, for example, list of installed components, default
settings, ...  Otherwise, I think that we need not mention this test.
Everybody has to do installation to be able to do other tests.

Also I think that it does not make sense to check if the Writer starts.
This fact is checked by any other Writer-related test :-)

For example, one nice test could be for desktop integration:
	+ desktop menu entries
	+ MIME type association

IMHO, this could not be done automatically and it covers many other
trivial tests :-)

Best Regards,
Petr