[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Minutes - March 22nd, 2013

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:50:58 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I do have some experience in setting that up. That is something I can help
>> out with if you would like me to.
>

> We would love to try something if there are options out there. Thanks in
> advance if you attempt this.

+1

Jonathan -- In related news, a few of us ran a quick test of WebRTC
recently, and experienced good results. The really big win in my mind
about WebRTC is that it runs in the browser, so as long as the user
has a relatively-new version of Firefox or Chrome/Chromium, then
everything should just work. This means that someone can join a
conference call from their computer in minutes, instead of much longer
process of installing new software or getting a Skype Name approved by
Talkyoo.

Per Joel, some people still would still need phone access. It sounds
like you're familiar with Asterix and telephony software, so perhaps
that's something that could be set up. Here's a note about WebRTC
support in Asterix:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+WebRTC+Support

Here's a the server software we used to connect our WebRTC clients:
http://conversat.io/

Here's the library used to write that server:
https://github.com/henrikjoreteg/SimpleWebRTC

--R