[Libreoffice-qa] [LibreOffice-QA] Minutes - March 22nd, 2013

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:40:50 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> If talkyoo is free why host it on TDF hardware?
>
> And it is not hosted on TDF-hardware. But talkyoo generously does
> provide the service to the TDF free of charge.

Ah, okay. I didn't know that Talkyoo provides us service free of
charge. That's very nice of them. I'll make a note about that on the
Talkyoo wiki page.

The biggest drawback with Talkyoo I see right now is the fact that
there's no way to connect to a conference call from your computer
using Free Software. We develop LibreOffice as a part of our stated
goal of "spreading the philosophical and cultural ideals of FLOSS,"
but the only software I can use to join a conference call is Skype.

I don't know what kind of connectivity software Talkyoo is using for
their infrastructure, but perhaps we can talk with them about making
it possible to connect using some other piece of (Free/Libre)
software? Is there someone on their team that I can talk to?

I'd definitely put in a strong plug for the no-extra-software-required
of WebRTC, but any FLOSS-friendly protocol would be appreciated.

--R