[Libreoffice-qa] talkyoo issues

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:52:35 PDT 2013

(dropping libreoffice-dev from cc)

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christian kindly forwarded me the e-mail about talkyoo. Sorry to hear there
> have been issues.
>
> In general, using Skype is *not* recommended. It *will* cause problems, it
> *is* a pain, so be warned. ;-)

Hmm. Looks like I should add a clearer warning about Skype on the
Talkyoo wiki page. I really like the idea of people being able to
connect to our meetings using their computer (especially as it might
be cheaper/easier for them to connect via the Internet than use a
phone), so I'll continue my investigations into
improvements/alternatives.

> However, phone should work. Those of you who had problems, can you please
> e-mail me date, time, and your phone provider plus the dial-in number you
> used, so I could file a ticket with talkyoo? I assume it's some routing
> issues to certain phone providers, but I need to investigate that...

Many of us had an issue during the last QA call on March 22nd at 13:00
UTC, but we think that there were mitigating circumstances. Joel may
be able to give you other instances in which Talkyoo didn't work for
us. I'll try to grab Joel, Joren and perhaps a couple others sometime
in the next few days and do a quick 5 minute test of the system.

Cheers,
--R