[Libreoffice-qa] New Tags on BSA

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon May 6 20:46:36 PDT 2013

(moving to just QA, as now we're getting into the nitty-gritty)

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Rob Snelders <libreoffice at ertai.nl> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Why is it moved?

We (well, mostly me) were trying to clean up the documentation of
Bugzilla, the BSA, etc. I tried to ping most people involved with
these pages including Joel and you, and have been wading through the
pages of documentation as best as I am able.

Nobody has been able to step up and tell me how these pages fit
together yet, so that's why I've been chatting with Joel and others
and trying to fold these disparate pages together.

> this way really borks the usage of this page for me.
> Now there is no overview anymore of all subcomponents.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about not having a general overview
of all subcomponents, but that is one piece that I've been discussing
with Joel and others. I'd love to know how you use the subcomponents
and what kind of general overview is helpful. I'm sure we can set up
one page with all of the content on it, if that's something that would
help you in the triage process.

When reorganizing the pages it seemed like there were two different
kinds of "subcomponents." One was called "Key words," but was
different from the keywords in the Whiteboard field. These seemed more
like... categories?  (e.g. "FILEOPEN") Then there were other ones that
were like proper subcomponents -- e.g. "ASKLIBREOFFICE". Based on what
I heard from Joel, Joren, and others, the terminology here is quite
confusing and I think that if you have a better name for this type of
data, that would be greatly appreciated.

> Also we discussed about 1 to 2 months ago to move the
> component-explanation to the /QA/BSA-page so that people know that
> when they change something that it can reflect problems in the BSA.
> Why move it again and in this way. Now nobody knows anymore what
> reflects anything in the BSA.

It was my understanding when we initially moved that page that the
BugReport_Details page wast just for the BSA. Since then, I have
discovered that the page content was also being used by FDO. That's
why I suggested and then implemented refactoring those sections under
QA/Bugzilla -- to more-correctly reflect that the content is shared by
both FDO and by the BSA.

> I _really_ don't like this change and
> please next time inform the BSA-crew _before_ changing all this.

Sure, I'll do that. I'd like to continue to clean up the rest of the
documentation here, as it's still very messy. Is that something that
you'll have time to help out with?

As an example, we have some stale information on the page about "version 3.8":
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details#New_Versions_2012-06-20

> know that I haven't been much around lately but about a month ago we
> discussed this and apparently this has been forgotten already.

As I mentioned above, this documentation is not BSA-specific, so
that's why I'm trying to move the content out to be under the
QA/Bugzilla pages. If there is BSA-specific content, I agree that we
should keep it under QA/BSA.

Cheers,
--R