[Libreoffice-qa] Cleaning up QA Nabble and Archive folders from Spam?

Florian Reisinger reisi007 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 06:34:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

I stated this out before:

I am moderating this list and Rainer had access to the spamfilter
rules.... IMHO Joel has the position of him. Thorsten IMHO has access
as well.... (More comments underneath)

Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger

Am 12.05.2013 um 13:53 schrieb Florian Effenberger
<floeff at documentfoundation.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Sophie Gautier wrote on 2013-05-11 18:50:
>
>> Drew is currently not available and I'm taking care of Nabble. I think
>> the spam you see here is the one getting on the list. I can remove all
>> the spam mails on Nabble, but they'll still be on the archive, see:
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2013-May/004436.html
>>
>> So I'm not sure what to do in that case?
>
> I don't have any direct access to the FreeDesktop lists, so I cannot delete spam here. From what I recall, deleting spam in Mailman works from the command line via SSH, if you delete the mails out of the mbox file (e.g. with mutt), and then let the archive rebuild.
>
> IMHO, the LibreOffice lists at FreeDesktop are configured in a wrong way, because they allow everyone to post. I'd never ever do so on the TDF infrastructure, it's against any good mail practice I know of, but the feedback I got when noting that was that "developers want it that way". Well... I don't know why, but it seems I have to accept that, and we need to live with spam then. :-(

Florian, some questions to you:
Is this the dev or qa list? -> i am moderating on both systems and,
personally, I like "our" way more. What is even more important, that
noone likes to get spammed and (IMHO this has been stated out before
by a dev) bery few devs are subscribed to this list....

Why is the dev list not spammed? -> IMHO (without being subscribed for
a long time there) the list is not spammed....