[Libreoffice-qa] Portable vs Parallel: which one is better?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon May 20 11:15:22 PDT 2013

Hi Kieran

Kieran Peckett wrote
> Seeing as the Portable Version is hosted at LibreOffice rather than
> SourceForge, I assume LibO devs pack it up. If that is true, then can't
> someone, at least for future versions, if older versions can't be found in
> anyone's "Downloads" folder keep archives of non-"EOL" versions (like <=
> 3.5) around?

The Portable builds are hosted at LibreOffice but they are created by the
PortableApps owner. There are no instructions available to create such a
version (I offered to help in creating the missing versions but never got
any answer http://portableapps.com/node/35110)

The existing versions are all stored in LibreOffice's server. The only
problem is that as soon as a new branch is released they abandon the
previous branch, so there is no final version for each branch.

Luckily, the guys at winPenPack think differently :)

(two pence are much more than 2 cents :) )