[Libreoffice-qa] Join to the team of testers.

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun May 26 08:36:08 PDT 2013

On 05/26/2013 05:33 AM, Italo Vignoli wrote:
> You should subscribe to the QA mailing list, which is copied here, where
> quality assurance volunteers discuss quality issues. I have also copied
> Joel Madero, who is the QA team leader. I am sure you will get the right
> guidance.
>
> On 05/26/2013 12:03 PM, Александр Чернега wrote:
>> >Hello team LibreOffice!
>> >I've long enjoyed your products, especially software LibreOffice Writer.
>> >I would like to take part in the testing of new products and offer ideas
>> >to further improve your products.
>> >Thank you for reading this message.
>> >Sincerely, Alexander Chernega.
Thanks Italo for the CC.

Alexander, welcome! We'd love any help that you can provide. The best
place to start is with some basic triaging. Our backlog of UNCONFIRMED
bugs is slowly going down but it's still well over 1,000. The issue is
that no bug will be looked at by a developer until QA confirms and
prioritizes it. So these 1000 plus are just sitting there until we
confirm them.

Are you comfortable with IRC? If so please join us at
http://webchat.freenode.net/, put in #libreoffice-qa for channel, and
whatever name you want for your nick - something that identifies you
clearly is best (for instance mine is jmadero). Myself, Joren,
Colonolqubit (Robinson) are in there quite often and will walk you
through the steps needed.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugTriage

Those instructions are also good to review.

Thanks for offering to help :)

Best,
Joel