[Libreoffice-qa] Where should users report bugs?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:20:10 PST 2013

bfoman wrote
> I do not think that we should babysit bug reports - already there are a
> lot of them in fdo, not mentioning other bug-trackers (novell, redhat), or
> those on aoo issues system.

Yes, there are too many bugs in fdo. Both because the project has very
little QA people and also because some bugs are boring to fix...

bfoman wrote
> If you do not want to register - then in Bugzilla world you just do not
> care about a bug. File and forget is not a way to do bug reports imho.

I agree that in a perfect world people should contribute and care.
But in the end it is not the user who has a problem. The obstacle is in the
software. The user may choose to live with it or to abandon the software.
He/she may choose to contribute by reporting it so that it is fixed/improved
even if he/she has already moved on and the community should be thankful for
that. In the end it is the software that has the problem. Then it is up to
QA to verify it and the Devs to fix it so that the problem does not affect
present and potential users.

Another 2 cents ;)