[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice Bugzilla (migration) Proposal

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 23:08:54 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Thomas Hackert <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
> Good morning Robinson *,

hiya :-)

> Would mod_rewrite replace all existing URLs (the ones in the wiki as
> well as the ones in SilverStripe as well as the ones from the
> blogplanet/twitter feeds and the like)?

mod_rewrite is just a module in Apache that lets us create a set of
rules for changing certain urls into other urls. In this particular
case, we're just having it send all traffic that comes in for
bugs.libreoffice.org over to bugs.freedesktop.org*. Setting up a
redirect would not change anything present in Silverstripe, the Wiki,
etc.., but it would allow us to manually update links in Silverstripe,
the Wiki, and elsewhere and test to make sure that everything is still
working.

Cheers,
--R

* coincidentally, we could just use DNS to point bugs.libreoffice.org
point at the IP address for bugs.freedesktop.org, however this would
have certain detractions including delay in how often DNS entries are
invalidated, but...I digress.