[Libreoffice-qa] Bibisectzilla

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Tue Nov 12 09:49:10 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 11:58 -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here's my current plan for merging all of our bibisect repos into one:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bibisect/Bibisectzilla

Thank you for the summary of the state-of-play.  A couple random
thoughts, if I may:

 1. It is good to see acknowledgement that some of us have flaky
    internet connections.  I was worried that I might be entirely
    locked out of bibisecting.

 2. Here are some bug counts to shed some (but not much!) light on the
    value of bibisect coverage.  Selection criteria are on the
    Whiteboard field, using a regular expression where you see a
    wildcard.  "Open" means resolution = "---"; non-open is just a
    calculated difference.

        selection              all     open   non-open
        --------------------   -----   ----   --------

        bibisected or          249     74     175 (70%)
        prebibisect

        prebibisect or         92      29     63  (68%)
        bibisected.*older

        bibisected and not     153     43     110 (62%)
        ( prebibisect or
        bibisected.*older or
        bibisected.*newer )

        bibisected.*newer      4       0      4   (100%)

 3. As coverage extends at both ends, we will have more cases of
    not-commonly-satisfied requirements for system libraries.  Wiki
    page "How to bibisect" already mentions a jpeg library, and I have
    had problems with glibc.  I have no idea what we can do except
    wait until the problem becomes significant.  Hopefully, that will
    never happen.

Thank you for letting me run on.

Terry.