[Libreoffice-qa] quick question on function in Master

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Nov 12 12:16:39 PST 2013

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Hackert wrote (01-11-13 09:50)
> Good morning Cor, *,
> On Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013 21:02 Cor Nouws wrote:
>> People running a daily/master build, could the pls look what is
>> the result when choosing:
>>
>>     File > Templates > Save As Template
>> and
>>     File > Templates > New Document From Template
>
> what exactly are you experiencing?

Ah, I did not disclose that when asking ;)
In my local build, the menus did not start anything but showed/hid
toolbars .. :-\

> The only differences I see so far
> is, that – when I choose the first one – I get a preview of the
> presentation template while I did see them, when I choose the second
> one. The other one is, that this button above is labelled "Save" in
> the first dialog, but "Repository" in the second one. And in the
> first dialog you can only choose to save between the different
> template "folders", while in the second one you can also choose
> between "Documents", "Spreadsheets", "Presentations" and "Drawings"

Ah yes, it's a rather clumsy work around.
But as for now the most simple/only way getting some attention to do
something at the relatively hidden Template > Edit experience.
Obviously, the second Entry has to be changed from "New document from
.." to "Edit"

> ... ;) All tested in Writer that far from LO Version:
> 4.2.0.0.alpha0+ Build ID: aeb29afa11b7be87153f048044a2d4af9a87b50c
> TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64 at 46-TDF, Branch:master, Time:
> 2013-10-29_20:58:33 with installed en-US lang- as well as helppack
> under Debian Testing AMD64.
>

>> Background: for me there is some strange behaviour, but for
>> someone else it works fine...
>
> And what exactly? Could you give us a more detailed description,
> please? Is this "strange behaviour" related to the UI or if you try
> to save/apply a template?

See my explanation above.
As from yesterday evening I have the 420alpha1 installed and I see that
it works as expected there.

>> (BTW: the latter entry should be renamed).
>
> How would you name it then?

 From "New document from .." to "Edit"

Thanks for testing and reporting!

Cor