[Libreoffice-qa] Existing German translation in Moztrap

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Nov 13 22:55:07 PST 2013

Good morning Sophie, *,
<snip>

(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3986)

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3775.
>> It starts a little bit below and is rather longish, so be
>> prepared ... ;)
>
> I think that my complains was part of Petr says ;) I even
> requested a budget for that and have it under l10n item together
> with Jesus.

Great :) Does this mean, you are actively searching for one, who
will do it?

>>> I don't know if it's possible. Moztrap uses
>>> python/django and I don't know what is available for
>>> localization
>>
>> Hm. I am not sure, if it is possible for MozTrap itself. A short
>> search for "localization" on
>> http://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/1.0.X/userguide/index.html was
>> not that, what I have hoped for ... :( Also
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MozTrap/Admin_Guide does not
>> mention it ... :(
>
> I've discussed about it with Moztrap developers. They say it's
> possible but are not interested to participate or work on it. They

Why not? Would it be too difficult to implement it?

> are still available for pointers, but not more.

At least something ... ;)

>>> here. For the moment, we will run the tests only in English,
>>> that will deprive us from a part of the testers but that is at
>>> least better than nothing.
>>
>> But that would be a hurdle for people, who are not able to read
>> English ... :(
>
> Yes, I'm aware of that, and I'm really sad about it because I know
> several members who are waiting for it to participate to QA, but
> there is nothing I can do here if we don't find a django dev
> interesting to work on l10n for Moztrap.

O.K.

> So for now, as I said, instead of having nothing because I believe
> it's important for QA and LibO, I prefer we use it in English only
> and maybe that will bring more interest to the tool itself too.

I hope so :)
Greetings
Thomas.

--