[Libreoffice-qa] Tinderbox builds

Christian Lohmaier cloph at documentfoundation.org
Sat Nov 16 08:22:58 PST 2013

Hi Thorsten,

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> So my guess it is the extension integration, the bundling of the
>> dictionaries, the enabling of the mozab connector (that then also
>> bundles additional microsoft-runtimes)

Yes, indeed that is the case. While the TDF-bots use the --with-distro
switch the @42 one uses a minimalistic configure line. That explains
the difference in size.
Not necessarily a bad thing to have bots build with different
switches, so the below statement:

>> @thorsten - bug in the tinderbox scripts?

was not related to the different options, but that the bot did only
send empty logs to tinderbox and didn't provide any info on its
configure switches with the uploaded binaries.

> If anything, then the setup. Someone throw me over a autogen.input to
> use, and I stick it in. ;)

Oh, not about you should switch to some other flags, just that your
bot doesn't upload the build-info along with the binaries (configure
options/configure output) and also the logs on tinderbox are empty.

They only contain the metadata and the tinderboxprint statment that
specifies the revision that was built, but no actual console output of
the builds.

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@42/2013-11-16_00.17.12/

or empty buildlogs like this:
http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&full-log=1384557601.3379

So buildresults now have been fixed, recent builds actually have a
log, but there is no build-info snippet uploaded along with the msis.

ciao
Christian