[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Nov 18 01:31:23 PST 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-16 at 11:40 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Anyway, I tried building on Windows with --enable-mergelibs=all, did
> not succeed.

	AFAIK 'all' is prolly not what we want, it's the extreme end; 'yes' is
prolly rather more conservative and helpful. If we can avoid loading
calc and writer just to start impress we're prolly winning - the same is
not true of all the hundred+ scattered tiny libraries though.

>  Build stops when linking the chartcontrollerlo library,
> no imerged.lib found. And indeed I don't see any *merge*.lib anywhere
> in workdir or instdir.

	Ah ok ;-)

> This once again shows how harmful it is to have tons of configuration
> options. They don't get tested and bit-rot.

	It's unclear how much harm if any that did to us here ? ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot