[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration: Abbreviation to replace fdo#12345

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Nov 21 15:38:24 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 06:02:02PM -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> If we go that route, we should use the url bugs.documentfoundation.org

A big part of this exercise is to not have LibreOffice bug mixed with others
anymore. As such documentfoundation just seems wrong to me as tdf might have
other projects and if those use our bugzilla they will be guests on the
LibreOffice bugzilla because of the volume. We already essentially took over
fdo by volume, so lets keep this one dedicated to LO and LO only.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:02:32PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> > * libo
> No, it is a common abbreviation for the software itself
>
> > * lo
> No, it is a common abbreviation for the software itself

It will never be used standalone and lo#12345 isnt going to be confused.

> > * lob
> Not sure if having a o in the abbreviation is a good idea, risk of error
> with 0
>
> > * lobz
> Not sure if having a o in the abbreviation is a good idea, risk of error
> with 0

see above, no such issue as there is lo# as with all bug refs.

Best,

Bjoern