[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Migration: Abbreviation to replace fdo#12345

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Fri Nov 22 00:05:49 PST 2013

Hello Jean-Baptiste, *,
On Donnerstag, 21. November 2013 22:02 Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> Le 21/11/2013 19:52, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
>> Here's the list (in alphabetical order):
>> * blo
> why not but not sure if having a o in the abbreviation is a good
> idea, risk of error with 0

I would prefer "blo", as it is the short form for
bugs.libreoffice.org ... ;) Maybe we could use "b.l.o" to circumvent
the phonetical similarity to the English word "blow" ... ;)

>> * lbz
> OK

To me, it sounds like a a name of a GNU/Linux package, -1

>> * libo
> No, it is a common abbreviation for the software itself

+1

>> * lo
> No, it is a common abbreviation for the software itself

+1

>> * lob
> Not sure if having a o in the abbreviation is a good idea, risk of
> error with 0

-1. The word "Lob" in German means something like "kudos" or
"praise. And there is a term in tennis, which is called "lob" as
well ... :(

>> * lobz
> Not sure if having a o in the abbreviation is a good idea, risk of
> error with 0

0 ... I have not a clear opinion here, sorry ... :(

>> * tdf
> No, tdf =/= LibreOffice

Yes, I think tdf is not that ideal. If TDF may take other projects
under its wings, then it could lead to some kind of confusion ...
HTH
Thomas.

--
			DELETE A FORTUNE!
Don't some of these fortunes just drive you nuts?!