[Libreoffice-qa] Improving UI Accessibility

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 23:34:43 PST 2013

Hi Robinson,
Le 21/11/2013 20:25, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
> Hi QA,
>
> Per our discussion at the QA Meeting on Monday[1], I talked to the ESC
> about our concerns with keyboard a11y issues in new/converted UIs.
>
> ESC was helpful in suggesting several steps to remedy these shorfalls including
> * Turning bugs into EasyHacks that can be more easily addressed
> * Providing documentation on a11y testing/dev tools
>
> Stuart/Florian R. - Thank you for bringing these problems up at the QA
> Meeting. A11y is really important for us as a project, and it's great
> to have people ensuring that we're not regressing as we improve
> LibreOffice's UI. I'd like you two to take the lead on addressing
> these bugs and providing feedback in a format that's actionable by the
> devs.
>
> Regarding testing, perhaps there are specific things that we could do
> with MozTrap to identify a11y-relevant changes early-on. Sophie -
> thoughts? :-)

It would be possible to design special testing cases using Orca under
Linux for example. It's also possible to check for the information that
are passed to the screen reader with Accerciser [1], I used to test OOo
that way some time ago.

[1]https://developer.gnome.org/accerciser/stable/

Cheers
Sophie