[Libreoffice-qa] [Impress] Export to SWF does not work in 4.2.0.0beta1?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Mon Nov 25 10:31:04 PST 2013

Hello Sophie, *,
On Montag, 25. November 2013 19:13 Sophie wrote:
> Le 25/11/2013 19:04, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
>> could it be, that for some reason Impress' export filter for SWF
>> does not work? As I am translating with "impswfdialog.ui" as
>> context, I wanted to try it, but either I have a misunderstanding
>> of it or it simply does not work ... :(
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>> 1. Create a new presentation (I have used "File – New – Wizards –
>> Presentation" for this)
>> 2. After creating a simple presentation with an effect, create a
>> new slide or duplicate the existing one (you could also insert
>> your name, a subject for your presentation, if you like)
>> 3. Go to "File – Export...", enter a name at "File name" and
>> choose "Macromedia Flash (SWF) (*.swf)" as "File format"
>> 4. Press "Export..."
>> 5. Now use your file browser to find your just saved file
>>
>> On my system, I have tried it a couple of times, but to no avail
>> :( For some reason, there is no *.swf file, where I saved it ...
>> ::(
>> Can someone confirm this?
>>
>> LO: Version: 4.2.0.0.beta1 Build ID:
>> f4ca7b35f580827ad2c69ea6d29f7c9b48ebbac7 (parallel installed and
>> with Germanophone lang- as well as helppack)
>> OS: Debian Testing AMD64
>
> I confirm that the export doesn't work. And the Options window
> doesn't open once you gave the name.

yes, I have seen this as well ... ;) And as I have translated some
segments for it, I was expecting a dialog to pop up ... ;)

> My version Version: 4.2.0.0.beta1
> Build ID: f4ca7b35f580827ad2c69ea6d29f7c9b48ebbac7 (same as yours
> ;)

Thanks for confirming :) Just out of interest: What OS/architecture
have you used to test it?
Thanks again
Thomas.

--
If in any problem you find yourself doing an immense amount of work,
the answer can be obtained by simple inspection.