[Libreoffice-qa] How long before a released build is notified by Update?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 25 13:14:53 PST 2013

Hi Pedro, *,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
>> Anyway, I did reset it back to the version that's in the repo=the
>> version that should get you the update.
>
> Thank you for the fix. I didn't quite understand the git part...

There is a git repository at freedesktop.org, and a git checkout of
that repository on the update-Server.

When a new update should be made active, the corresponding change is
pushed to the repository, and then one does a git pull on the
update-server.

> Does this
> mean that you updated the version information manually or that you managed
> to create a script that will handle this automatically from now on?

The version info is added manually - it is one line per version.

> Apparently the version check algorithm only works correctly for the final
> build in each branch... If the installed version is an RC it reports
> something wrong.

That's definitely not the plan, if the RC is an officially released
one, and not some daily/self-built copy...

> Version 4.1.0.1 still reports that "LibreOffice 4.1 is up to date." and
> version 3.6.7.1 still reports "LibreOffice 3.6 is up to date."

Can you tell what version those report as? I.e. what git-hash they have?

See Robinson's answer - it should work. Maybe you have a proxy that
did cache the request?

ciao
Christian