[Libreoffice-qa] How to report double used and/or not "working as expected" mnemonics?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sun Oct 27 10:37:17 PDT 2013

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Hackert wrote (18-10-13 10:10)

> [...]  When I opened
> opt/libreofficedev4.2/program/soffice and press <Alt>+<t> to open
> the "Tools" menu, the "Template Manager" opens, as it has the same
> mnemonic (this underlined character in the Start Center, menu bar,
> etc. ... ;) ). Is there a possibility to report this as fast and
> easy as possible? Should I open a new bug for every found one?

You are talking about the English ones, do you?

As far as I know, there are mnemonics that are added in the code and
ones that are auto-generated.
For the first ones, I would make an issue for those that are in the same
menu or window combined.
Unless you know who is working on that area, then an issue may be
superfluous?

> [...] I find it a
> little bit disturbing to have to type it more than once ... :( An
> interesting observation in this window is, if you press the keys "O"
> (the letter "O") "M", "J" (and maybe some others well) there,
> without clicking in one of the fields... ;)

Probably a different subject, buttons in active state?

Cheers,
Cor

--
  - Cor Nouws