[Libreoffice-qa] Pleaqse test SI-GUI 4.1.1.6

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Mon Sep 23 09:14:39 PDT 2013

Florian,

I used the 4.1.16 build to do an Administrative install of todays TB 39
build of Master,  and also for the release build of  LibreOffice 4.1.2.2.

Both installs match my manual process--although I adjust the bootstrap.ini
to the "$ORIGIN/../Data/settings" of the current Wiki--the "Edit
bootstrap.ini" was convenient.

A little unclear about the "GO!" button doing a non-Administrative
installation.  But, everything needed is there in the GUI--so very
functional.

Installation in parallel is very convenient,  but for some QA or personal
testing of Windows integration there is no substitute for a full command
line installation including a WRITE_REGISTRY flag for the developmental
builds--which to "GO!" button can't currently provide (an enhancement to
consider).

So, I think that one aspect you should remind folks of regards a Microsoft
Installer installation using the /A administrative install --the mechanism
for preparing an installation for distribution from a Network Server--is
that while it can be run as a local installation "in parallel" it is not
really "installed" onto the Windows system.

More simply put, there are components of the Windows builds that will not
function on administrative installations because the configurations are not
written into the Windows registry--e.g. Quickstart, Desktop integration,
Start-menu & Taskbar integration, etc.

Best wishes for a great session at Milan.

Stuart
San Antonio, Texas