[Libreoffice-qa] BSA conversations at Hackathon

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 20:22:58 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Reporting-in from the hackathon in Milan regarding some discussions
we've had about the BSA.

---

Passed-in Variables:

Right now the BSA doesn't receive any variables passed-in from LO due
to the way that it's embedding in an iframe, but Cloph and Rob think
that we can solve that problem by taking most of the BSA out of the
iframe, and just using the (invisible) iframe for our communication
with Bugzilla.

Rob is pretty busy right now, but is hoping to get that implemented
soon (Rob: Any guess on timeframe?)

---

Version Removal:

Rob suggested that we remove the non-release versions from the Version
Picker. Given the makeup of our BSA users, that seemed roughly
reasonable to me.

Cor mentioned that we sometimes have special events where we ask end
users to download and test an 'rc, so in those particular cases we
might want to re-enable those versions in the BSA *temporarily*.

Thoughts? (Joel -- I know you'll want to chime-in here)

---

Simplify/de-clutter user interface elements:

After a user selects a Component, we could collapse the grid of icons
(perhaps fade them down and move them to one side?) and then enlarge
the icon of the selected component. This would make that interface
element less "busy" and keep the page cleaner when we start to add
more fields in the next steps.

[Side note: There are still multiple components for whom there is no
unique icon; I think that if we're going to have a grid of icons for
components, we need to have a unique icon for each one, otherwise the
inconsistency gets confusing]

---

That's all for now.

Cheers,