[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes of ESC call: 2014-08-07

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Aug 7 16:30:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 19:02 +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> * Pending Action Items:
>     + ...
>     + setup some VM's that can be created on-demand (Cloph)
>         + done for the hackfest, non-public
>         + working on creating a public machine

I think that a publicly available VM set up for testing--especially
for testing Base--would be useful, something like Drew Jensen started
working on a few years ago
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Drew/baseQA_VM>.

Resources permitting, I can imagine the following being useful:
(*) LibreOffice stuff:
      - The bibisect-43all repository
      - The daily dbgutil bibisect repository
      - The release builds which are getting bug reports.
      - One non-Latin language and its dictionary
      - One right-to-left language and its dictionary
      - One ideographic language and its dictionary
(*) System stuff:
      - such JRE's as can conveniently coexist (although, it is a
        while since I remember a bug report peculiar to a particular
        JRE)
      - gdb (and lots of memory)
      - valgrind
      - the most common desktop managers

This might allow triagers to work with things (I think of database
engines) that they do not have access to or which they do not feel
competent to set up.

Terry.