[Libreoffice-qa] Media Support in LibreOffice

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:36:13 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've chatted with a number of you regarding the support of media in
LibreOffice (mostly codecs for Video). I know we have some outstanding
bugs, and I know there is some confusion about what we do support and
how.

I've created the following wiki page to help to collect and provide
information about the status of media support in LibreOffice:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Media_Support

For now the page provides some basic information about how we support
media in LibreOffice, and provides some instructions on how to *add*
support for additional codecs on multiple platforms. Eventually we may
want to refactor the page into a page for users and a more technical
page for contributors, but for the time being the page will target
both audiences.

Please expand that page to provide more information. I'd avoid listing
specific bugs on that page unless they're tracking bugs, just to avoid
the content getting stale quickly.

Have fun!

Thanks,
--R