[Libreoffice-qa] Media Support in LibreOffice

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:40:51 PDT 2014

Le 26/08/2014 16:44, Robinson Tryon a écrit :

Hi Robinson,

> Alex -- Do you have the Xiph and Webm QT components installed?
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Media_Support#Adding_support_for_an_additional_codec_3
>
> It would be great if you could confirm AVI, WEBM, & OGV playback on
> QuickTime, then re-check in LibreOffice to see which codecs are
> working in QT but are not working in LO.

No, unfortunately, I don't have Xiph or WebMQT installed.

AVI playback on QT depends on the particular codec used to create the
AVI, Apple was never very good at supporting this format and most don't
work.

At present, the video codecs for which support was removed by Apple in
QuickTime 10.3 are converted on the fly to Apple's current H264 codec.
If a user wants read/export support for codecs that were previously
supported by Apple, then they can still download QuickTime 7 (for the
moment at least, but that'll be pulled soon enough no doubt).

Any other formats require add-ons, either like the ones you mention for
QuickTime, or else separate programs.

Perian, despite development and support having stopped, is still
reported as working on 10.9
I use Flip4Mac or FlipPlayer for WMV video stuff that QuickTime
can't/couldn't handle.
I also have VLC and MPlayerX.

Obviously, if there is no support in QuickTime for the video format you
want to play in LO, then you are stuck, because you won't even be able
to insert the file, let alone play it back if someone else has given you
a file with an unsupported video codec in it. The same goes in general
for the audio codec support.

Alex