[Libreoffice-qa] Media Support in LibreOffice

Owen Genat owen.genat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 07:59:05 PDT 2014

Robinson Tryon wrote
> In the future we might want to test with a source
> from the Prelinger collection at archive.org (or etc..) so that we can
> redistribute it.

I agree. I have tended to use a variety of smaller (filesize) files from
various archive.org pages that cover a modest variety of video codecs. The
Gnome Shotwell project used to have a freely available redmine containing a
good selection of small videos from popular model cameras, video camcorders,
and phones, but it seems to have gone offline / behind closed doors. I now
find the MPlayer samples repositories to be about the best in terms of codec
coverage:

http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/

The files are generally not too large and contain good information on what
codec is used, especially in container formats.

-----
Best wishes, Owen.