[Libreoffice-qa] Antivirus false positive

Raal raal at post.cz
Fri Dec 5 00:13:26 PST 2014

Hello,
several times a year I have problem with false positive antivirus
detection in Symatec's AV and I have to manually submit false positive
report. I'm using portable version.
To avoid this I've found two solutions

1] For virus scanning I can use Virustotal [1] service. It's a free
service which scan files with several antivirus solutions - 56 today.
For example yesterday I've found two false positives - in TrendMicro and
in Symantec and reported them. Virustotal allow mass scannig of files
and for this I tested Phrozen VirusTotal Uploader [2] where you can scan
lots of files.

2] Symatec offers whitelisting program for software vendors [3]. I could
fill the form, but I've not TDF e-mail address (• For identity
verification, a corporate email address is mandatory. Requests from free
email domains will be denied.) . Please could someone with TDF e-mail
adress fill this form? Ideally after every release (• White-Listing is
version specific. Future software versions must be submitted ongoing for
white-listing.).

Of course more AV vendors offers whitelisting.

Thanks
Regards
Raal

In relation to submission [3679108].
Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission
and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed
from our products:
     CF7250DCDDF736DB869619392BEB4C46 - libexslt.dll
The updated detection(s) will be distributed in the next set of virus
definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html
Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the
Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the
policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving
landscape.
If you are a software vendor, why not take part in our whitelisting
program?
To participate in this program, please complete the following form:
https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist

[1] http://www.virustotal.com
[2] https://phrozensoft.com/downloads.ps
[3] https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist