[Libreoffice-qa] QA Meeting Minutes - 2014-12-03

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Mon Dec 8 22:33:38 PST 2014

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 05:29:23 +0100, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do we decide which bugs to tag? I suggest that for now we only tag
> backportRequests if the bug was reported against an active Still or
> Fresh branch.
>
> So to put that into context with our current builds, here's my proposal:
>
> If you test a bug reported against 4.3 and find
> 1) It's fixed in master, AND
> 2) It's not fixed in 4.3.5.1 (the latest build on the 4.3 branch)
>
> Then change status -> WFM, and add "bibisectRequest backportRequest"
> to the Whiteboard.

I think this is the easiest and more practical solution.

we should also alert the most active bibisecter that their job in these
bugs is different...
they usually look for the version were the bug appears first, this time
where the bug is finally gone.
it's kind of reverse bibisecting... that program was ideated to find bugs
but you can also use it to find fixes.