[Libreoffice-qa] mab4.2 to mab4.3 migration almost over

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Wed Dec 17 22:33:16 PST 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:04:29 +0100, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 16/12/2014 13:40, Tommy a écrit :
>
>> of the original 83 mab4.2 that were open at the time of 4.2.x EOL, 12
>> turned to be RESOLVED WORKSFORME in the 4.3.x or 4.4.x branch.
>>

> More of interest to me would be to know how many of the moved MABs are :
>
> - more than 1 year old ;
> - more than 2 years old ;
> - even older than the above.
>
> Shifting MABs is a convenient way of ignoring long-felt problems,
> sprucing up the QA stats, and a bit like ignoring back pain and hoping
> it will somehow go away.

sorry alex but I do not agree with that and I think your point of view is
incorrect.
moving MABs to an old no more supported branch (i.e. 4.2.x) to the new
supported branch (i.e. 4.3.x) is not a way of ignoring bugs but it's
completely the opposite.

this way we still remember that old unfixed bugs exist and keep them in
the list of higher priority.
so we don't ignore them but we try to keep attention on them.

regarding QA stats that's another unfair valutation from you...
the stats do not get cleaner at all since all the moved 4.2 MABs go in the
count of the 4.3 MABs except those that were resolved during the branch
development

as said in my original post, a consistent part of the 4.2.x MABs (more
than 10%) turned to be RESOLVED WORKSFORME in the 4.3.x branch after
retest.

so I feel more optimistic than you.
bye, Tommy