[Libreoffice-qa] UI enhancements filled by UX members

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Thu Dec 18 09:16:26 PST 2014

Robinson Tryon wrote
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Joel Madero <

> jmadero.dev@

> > wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>> To sum up, enhancements opened by UX members are set as NEW and assigned
>>> to UX-advice so they are not triaged by QA members and don't appear in
>>> the QA stats.
>> By assign - if you set the component to "ux-advise" then it'll auto
>> assign it to the UX team and they can tackle it from there.
>
> I drafted a section for the BugTriage page here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugTriage#UX_Enhancements
>
> I noted an option to change Status to NEW or NEEDINFO, but we can
> simplify that to just 'NEW' if there's general consensus.
>
> Cheers,
> --R
>
> --
> Robinson Tryon
> QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
> LibreOffice Community Outreach Herald

Robinson, *,

I saw the UX Enhancements segment in the QA Wiki--looks fine.

We'll try to make this painless, and when triaging feel free to put on your
UI Design and UX hat.  Mark it NEW or NEEDINFO -- it does go back to the OP,
and not inappropriate to ask if the issue is not clear.

As to routing it for UX-advice,  we just want to make the UI Design and
function process deliberative, trackable and mindful of UX.   Project has
not been keeping up with that.   Goals are that, except for the simplest
tweaks, nothing should move forward for development/correction without
consensus on a well structured design--we all are capable of and are needed
to help with that process.

Thanks folks!

Stuart